Time to put this space back into action after busy being unproductive the past year.
So! Continuing the post of my time in Wellington, New Zealand – 1 November 2015 to 7 November 2015.
In my previous post, we were travelling from Palmerston North back to our last destination – Wellington.
2 November 2015, Monday
After parting ways, I made my way to the city center area where I was to stay at three more different places. All I did for the next few days was logically plan when I should return home (the funds were running really low), rest from all that travelling and just enjoy whatever time I had left in New Zealand.
Being on a tight budget, these are the things I did throughout the course of my time:
- Extremely frequent visits to Coles to grocery shop and be lost in the world of food
- Visit Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa (free entry!)
- Take a one-way trip up the Wellington Cable Car and walk back down through the Botanic Garden (NZD$4 for a one-way, NZD$3.50 if you use the Snapper card which I did)
- Catch the All Blacks’ World Cup Victory Parade!!!
The Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
Wellington Cable Car
All Blacks’ World Cup Victory Parade!!!
Met a new friend at the new Bed & Breakfast I stayed at and went together to catch the champions!
6 November 2015, Friday
Second last day in town which meant it was time for a grocery run to lug back all the chocolates I can’t get in Singapore.
Read more about my previous adventures in New Zealand here:
- Palmerston North to New Zealand
- Lower Tama Lake Walk
- National Trout Centre
- Taranaki Falls + Mount Ruapehu
- Rock Sliding in Gisborne
- Tolaga Bay Wharf (NZ’s Longest Wharf)
- First Sunrise of the World
- Downtime in Whakatane
- Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Touristing Around in Taupo
- Black Water Rafting in Waitomo
- Exploring Auckland
View this post on Instagram
when in new zealand, celebrate All Blacks' victory! (!!!) PSYCHED. #civicsquare #wellington #northisland #middleearth #newzealand #backpack #travel #bedforone #allblacks #AB #rugby #rugbyworldcup #webbelliscup #homeofrugby #allblacksvictoryparade #victoryparade #celebrate #celebration #parade